Five minute prep time
45 minute break time
10 minutes to cool
Mixing bowl, Flour sifter (or a wire mesh colander), spatula, loaf pan
- 1 cup sifted bread flour
- 1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sifted Kernza Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons melted butter 12 ounces beer
This is a delicious bread recipe! I used cane sugar and fresh garlic which I feel enhanced the favor of this recipe. I also used Sam Adams Boston lager but I wish I had access to kernza beer made by Patagonia! I used thyme as an added seasoning but you could easily omit this or substitute for rosemary or sage. After I made this bread, it was gone within two days! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and thyme.
- Add garlic, melted butter, and beer. Mix well.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.