1 Standard Loaf
Prep Time: 20 min
Bake Time: 25-35 min
Cooling Time: 20 min
Total Time: Approx 1 hr
Standard loaf pan, mixing bowls
- 1 1/4 cup Kernza Flour
- 1 1/4 cup white AP flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (slightly warmed if not already melted)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (or coconut milk for a non-dairy alternative)
- 2 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate (if in bar form, 2 squares)
- Splash of water
- 1/2 - 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, ground ginger, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mash ripened banana. Then add the coconut oil, sugar, and coconut. Beat eggs separately, then add the eggs, vanilla and milk to the other wet ingredients.
- Gently, stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, careful not to overmix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before glazing.
- To make the glaze, melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave with just enough water to surround the squares. Times will vary depending on microwave power, but start with 15 second increments and stir between each. Even if the chocolate doesn't look melted, sometimes with the warm water and a stir it'll finish melting. Once completely melted, slowly stir in powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. Keep in mind it will thicken as the chocolate cools. Add more water if needed. Pour chocolate glaze on top of the loaf and finish with a sprinkle more of shredded coconut. Enjoy!