Light and bright is the name of the game with this one. Kernza adds a great layer to a refreshing salad!
Kernza® Spring Vegetable Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Sherry Vinegar
- ½ Tsp. Honey
- Grapefruit supremes (wedges) from half of one grapefruit - sliced in halves or thirds
- Reserve remaining grapefruit for juice
- 1 Tsp. Grapefruit Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Cooked Kernza
- 3 Radishes - sliced thin
- 6 Asparagus Stalks (butts removed) - sliced very thin on the bias, or peeled with a vegetable peeler
- 12 Snap Peas - cut into 3 or 4 pieces each
- 3 Tbsp. Roasted and roughly chopped almonds.
- Small bunch of picked parsley for garnish
Whisk together all ingredients in the vinaigrette aside from the supremes.
Add the supremes to the vinaigrette and gently stir so the dressing is well combined.
Add all of the salad ingredients to a mixing bowl along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
Garnish with parsley once plated.