Regenerative Whole Grain Brownies
one 9x13 pan of brownies
The amazing flavor of these rich and fudgey brownies is pushed just a little bit further with whole grain Turkey Red wheat and Kernza. Enjoy responsibly.
½ Cup (120g., 4.2 oz.) Boiling Water
½ Cup (113g., 4.0 oz.) Neutral oil (canola)
3 Tbsp. (42.5g., 1.5oz.) unsalted butter, cubed
4 Cups (560g., 19.75oz.) powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs & 2 egg yolks
2 Tsp. (10g., 0.35oz.) vanilla extract
1.5 Cups (200g., 7.0 oz.) Regenerative Whole Grain Flour
½ Cup (57g., 2.0 oz.) dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 Tbsp. (9.7g., 0.34oz.) diamond crystal kosher salt
1 Cup (184g., 6.5oz.) chocolate chips (your favorite)
Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit.
Pour boiling water into a mixing bowl.
Add the oil and butter, and whisk until butter is melted.
Add the powdered sugar, and whisk again until no chunks of sugar remain.
- Scramble eggs, and add them to the mixing bowl along with the vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the greased and lined 9x13 baking dish. Tap it a few times on the countertop to remove some air bubbles, and bake for 30 minutes on the middle rack.
- After 30 minutes, check the doneness with a knife; It does not have to be completely clean when removed from the cake. If you prefer your brownies a little more done, add another 10 minutes to the timer.
- When baking has finished, allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting. Feel free to remove the brownies from the pan (via the tin foil “raft”) after an hour or so of cooling.