40 minute prep
40 minute bake time
15 minutes to cool
Large mixing bowl, spatula, baking pan, and cheese grater
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 9 ounces butter stick
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Kernza Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 175 ml cold water
- 1 egg white
This tart can be enjoyed during both summer and winter! We also added some homemade ice cream to top of this tart. The nutty flavor of the kernza adds a lot of rich flavor that didn’t compare when I tried this recipe with all purpose flour. Kernza made it much better!
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flowers, pinch of salt, and sugar.
- Grate butter into bowl, add cold water and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile mixed together you’re filling: add berries, sugar, cornstarch in bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- After dough has chilled, flour a smooth surface and roll out chilled dough. Make sure it’s not too thin, about 5 cm thick is recommended on bottom.
- Place filling in the middle of your dough and fold up sides, covering some of the berries. Sprinkle another tablespoon or two of sugar on top of the berries.
- Next mix the egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Using a pastry brush, brush egg whites onto outer edge pastry crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in oven.