This is a spicy ginger snap with raisins.
Delightfully full of flavor. People mow through these as a fast any chocolate chip or s'more.
Pairs well with:
- Winter bourbon hot-toddy
- Summer fresh lemonade.
- All year-round with a smear of peanut butter.
1 Cup Kernza flour
- 1 Cup Spelt flour
Or replace above flours with 2 Cups of Regenerative Whole Grain Flour (240 gms)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Allspice
- ⅛ tsp Clove (easy does it on clove)
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 1 Cup Golden raisins
- 4 Tbs Canola Oil
- 5 Tbs Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 7 to 9 Tbs fresh grated Ginger (85 -110 grams) – get a big piece of fresh ginger
Preheat oven to 350°
- Peel the ginger and grate it. Set aside.
- Sift together all the flours and spice.
- Add the raisins into the flour-spice mixture and toss to coat the raisins.
- Mix sugars & fats and beat into a paste, then add the egg and whip it a bit.
- Add grated ginger to the wet mix.
- Combine briefly.
- Fold dry mix into the wet mix.
- Batter is gooey, sticky.
- Heaping Teaspoons onto parchment sheet
- 350º oven for 14 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool on the rack.